September 22, 2014

Frugal Sewing Projects






As Autumn approaches, my thoughts turn to a few sewing projects...

I am looking forward to starting a scrap quilt of autumn colors. The backing will be made from an old table cloth. It was bought years ago for a table we no longer have. As it is too small for our dining room table, it makes sense to either use the fabric or give it away.

One of my favorite things to do is to use supplies I already have on hand and create something new. Whether I am repurposing an old vase into a utensil canister or using old jeans to make a sling back bag, I enjoy using what I've got in a new way.





Perhaps this is one of the most frugal tips out there: use what you have before you go buy something new.

However, it isn't always easy to come up with new ideas or uses for material you already have. Maybe one of these eight projects will inspire you.
~ Dorie


Frugal Sewing Projects which use material you already have...


 










Spring Scarf from a dress


Apron from a girl's dress




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...