The snow fell quietly one night last week.
Only a few inches laid on barren yards,
but it was enough.
Enough to raise expectations and anticipation in all my children.
They arose early the next day.
Peering out the windows, they guessed how much snow fell.
Disappointment in not getting 'snowed in,' quickly dissipitated
as they started discussed the snow ball fights to be won,
snow men to be built,
and snow angels to create.
The children waited until the clock chimed an acceptable hour
for loud outdoor play noise in our neighborhood of homes,
and then they raced out of the house.
|their first snowman of the season|
Today, I am joining with the community of ladies expressing gratitude at A Holy Experience
to our Heavenly Father for his bountiful blessings.
151. enough snow for play last week
152. the all out neighborhood snow ball fight
153. the first snowman of the season
154. hot cocoa mugs with extra marshmellows enjoyed by little ones after a cold morning spent playing in the snow
155. warming toes
156. snow covered clothing drying on the racks
157. getting an extra season out of snow boots
158. giggles as snow adventures are told
159. riddles and silly word plays being shared one evening
160. finding the small water leak that led to finding the shower wall needed replaced that led to finding the roof on the house needed replaced on the day after we found out our oldest needs orthodontic work, and resting in the assurances that God will provide
161. a trusted Christian brother's advice on how to evaluate the leak
162. the employee of the construction company (a stranger) and my husband finding common ground in Christ and sharing part of their testimonies
163. family, friends, and neighbors eager to help with labor and construction materials
164. my husband who held me close in his arms while I cried out my frustrations the evening of the day we found the leak
165. being able to laugh (now) at the absurdity of the events that led to finding the roof leak
166. encouraging words from family and friends
167. prayers lifted to the throne of God on our behalf
168. the evidence of maturity developing in our oldest in his decisions and thought processes
169. my daughter's idea to have a family make-your-own taco dinner for New Year's Eve and the fun dinner we had
170. being able to introduce our children to The Sound of Music
171. spending time just cuddling with our youngest son
172. making an ordinary dessert special with my oldest daughter
173. spending time visiting with family at their house
174. feeling refreshed after taking a break from school
175. having warm flannel sheets to put on the children's beds
176. a new day to begin with a fresh and keen awareness of the Lord's mercy, lovingkindness, and faithfulness