Every summer when the fruits ripen on the vines and trees
and the sweet corn has been harvested,
my mom takes a few days to make my family (and my siblings' families)
jams, corn, and applesauce.
We are all so very grateful that she would use her time, energy, and resources to bless us.
We are also grateful for the bounty of this blessing
that lasts through these cold winter months.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Because it is Monday and
because there is so much to be thankful for,
I am joining with Ann Voskamp and the ladies at A Holy Experience
thanking our Heavenly Father for His gifts.
176. moms who continue to bless us with homemade goodies all year long
177. the time my mom took to teach my daughters to make jam and the jam they made together
178. having my mom's homemade applesauce throughout the winter months
179. delicious corn lovingly cooked and preserved for my family to enjoy by my mom
180. making time to chat with friends on the telephone
181. reaching the half way mark of our school year
182. my oldest daughter finishing her book for TNT (AWANAs)
183. a child who spelled accidentally 'askedentily'
184. my preschooler's enthusiasm for his lessons
185. both sets of grandparents who take the time to pursue relationships with each of my children
186. Saturday morning phone calls from loved ones far away
187. the enjoyment my children get from cutting out paper snowflakes and the mass of snowflakes they created
188. visitors who just drop by to chat
189. the time my daughter and I are spending planning and preparing for her upcoming birthday party
190. that the prep work for fixing the bathroom was completed