The gutters were damaged. Bright afternoon sunshine melted the snow covered roof.
Water poured forth, bursted over the roof edge
covered weathered bushes,
and froze, encasing the living with non living,
a beautiful visual image contrasting life and death.
A gift of beauty amongst the recent roofing problems...
I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart;
I will tell of all Your wonders.
Psalm 9:1 NASB
...continuing my gratitude list...
206. this 'habit of thankfulness' that Ann of A Holy Experience encourages and helps foster in all of us touched by Multitudes on Mondays
207. the reminders within every day life of God's greatness and grace, and this visual image of words recording these every day moments of gratitude
208. the beautiful ice showing the living encased by nonliving, and all it reminds me of
209. a fixed roof
210. a little boy sleeping through some of the roofing repairs despite the noise
211. the front gutter repaired
212. the beautiful photographs I have been able to capture with the winter weather
213. finding beauty in winter
214. time spent praising Him who created and sustains all of life
215. celebrating 100 days of school this school year
216. my children crying out 'more, more' for this week's read aloud, Tales of Robin Hood
217. sharing celebrations with family
218. a new apologetics class my husband and I are taking at our church
219. turning on a CD of praise music and a child saying 'Oh, I love that song...'
220. little children singing praises to our Heavenly Father
221. favorite blankets and quilts that ease away the cold
222. a baby boy squealing happily
223. joy in watching new parents navigate the beginning of their parenting journey
224. reminiscing about our own 'first days' of parenting with my husband
225. making homemade gingerbread cake with our daughter
226. a daughter's reaction to the smell of molasses
227. Green Bay Packers going to the Super Bowl
228. our daughter enjoying her birthday party
229. homemade thank you note cards made by our daughter
230. beautiful words of gratitude she expressed in her note to us
...and so it continues...