January 23, 2011

The Here and Now


Many years ago, I first read this verse.  I could not stop reading and rereading it. 
What a beautiful testimony and desire to worship despite all circumstances! 

Now, today, as I ponder the time passed since my first encounter with Habakkuk 3:17-19, and I must consider the hills and valleys I have traversed since then.  Have I worshiped Him throughout it all?  Have I rejoiced in His salvation and strength?  Have I allowed Him to strengthen and guide me through each moment and trial? 

As important as these questions are, the more important ones are for the present,
the here and now... 
Am I worshiping Him throughout it all? 
Am I rejoicing in His salvation and strength? 
Am I allowing Him to strengthen and guide me through each moment and trial?




-----------------------------------
This post has been shared in the Scripture and a Snapshot link up
at Katie Lloyd Photography {the blog}.
For some uplifting verses, reflections, and photographs, visit this week's link up.


8 comments:

  1. One of my most favortie passages of Scripture...what a beautiful way to share it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - I'm just loving Hab 2:3 right now! What a timely word - and both of us in the same book! Beautiful!!

    Stef
    p.s. didn't know if you've seen the 2:1 Conference - it's in the NE!! April8th-10th for Christian Homeschool Bloggers.
    http://bit.ly/gLstMp

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOur questions to yourself are always in my mind as well...Beautiful post today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The verses are powerful and your questions are thought-provoking. It's a good combination. Blessings! (I'm visiting from Doorkeeper at http://reneeannsmith.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing what we can do when we get out of God's way and let him help?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dorie, I just love these verses, and you've paired them with a beautiful photo. :)

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that verse and that is a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing this verse and from your heart - this is a really inspirational post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...