February 16, 2012

Chocolate Cookies

How could I resist making chocolate cookies this month?  With Valentine's Day in just a few more days, this month seemed the natural choice for me to make these chocolate meringue cookies.


Not only are these cookies light on calories, they are feather weight light.  It is probably because the main ingredient is egg whites whipped by the mixer for about five or more minutes.


Once mixed, the cookies are shaped onto foil covered cookie sheets, and baked in a low heat oven for over an hour. 


The whole house smelled like chocolate for the entire time.  That alone is enough motivation to make them again!  However, since this recipe has been used through the years by both my mom and my great-grandma, I will definitely be making these chocolate meringue cookies again.
~ Dorie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...