February 9, 2012

Finishing the Half Done Project

In the fall of 2010, I began a garland.  Inspired by this post, I found red, yellow, and orange fabric, cut some into strips, and began assembling.  It took much longer than I anticipated.  I loved the look, but quickly lost momentum.  I got this far.


Then I stopped.  Other things needed done, we had a birthday party, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas season began.  During the Christmast season of 2010, when the children and I made cinnamon ornaments.  I took the extra batter, and made ten plain hearts.  I wanted to add them to the garland.  I wasn't quite sure how, but I thought I would figure it out, eventually. 

It was my hope to finish the garland by autumn of 2011, but I didn't. 
I had lost the motivation to finish it.

For the entire next year, it set on top of my sewing machine table, with the extra fabric and the cinnnamon heart ornaments.  Over the course of 365 days, I moved and dusted the container of ornaments and shook the fabric numerous times.  Still, I did not finish it. 

There was no motivation for the project.

Another autumn and Christmas season passed.  Then, last Saturday, inspiration hit. 
I decided to finish the garland. 

I scrapped my original plans, and altered it to use what I had already done.  Separating out the tied fabric pieces on the line, I added the cinnamon ornament hearts.


It took all of twenty minutes! And, I love the results.


{and, maybe, I'm just a bit overjoyed at finishing the project...finally}
~ Dorie

4 comments:

  1. I really like your creative solution! I enjoy the feeling of a finished product, too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great solution!! Very pretty - I love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really pretty! I bet it smells great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ladies! I am definitely enjoying this finished project.
    Annette, yes it does smell great. It adds a fresh spicy scent to our diningroom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...