Then I stopped. Other things needed done, we had a birthday party, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas season began. During the Christmast season of 2010, when the children and I made cinnamon ornaments. I took the extra batter, and made ten plain hearts. I wanted to add them to the garland. I wasn't quite sure how, but I thought I would figure it out, eventually.
It was my hope to finish the garland by autumn of 2011, but I didn't.
I had lost the motivation to finish it.
For the entire next year, it set on top of my sewing machine table, with the extra fabric and the cinnnamon heart ornaments. Over the course of 365 days, I moved and dusted the container of ornaments and shook the fabric numerous times. Still, I did not finish it.
There was no motivation for the project.
Another autumn and Christmas season passed. Then, last Saturday, inspiration hit.
I decided to finish the garland.
I scrapped my original plans, and altered it to use what I had already done. Separating out the tied fabric pieces on the line, I added the cinnamon ornament hearts.
It took all of twenty minutes! And, I love the results.