Opportunities come and go in life.
Choices are made, and plans devised.
And, sometimes these choices and plans lead a life
down a different path far from a childhood home.
So it is with us. For the first few years of our marriage, we lived in New England, closer to my husband's family. Then, ten years ago, with a great job opportunity for the Drummer, we moved further south about 8 hours away. Our home is now closer to my family, but further from his.
Living far from family can be hard, but we cherish the times we are able to spend with them
and look forward to our visits. This month we spent a week in New Hampshire,
and were greatly blessed!
...continuing my gratitude listing...
596. opportunity to travel and visit family who live further away
597. family who welcome us with open arms and open homes
598. safety in travel
599. lessons along the road
600. a day and a night of time for just the Drummer and I
601. 13 grace filled years of love
602. a trip to the zoo
603. a day at the beach
604. courage to swim in waters at a temperature of 65 degrees (we live further south where the Atlantic is a bit warmer this time of year)
605. jumping waves with my children
606. soft sand between toes
607. pools for the children to swim and play in on sunny days
608. talking face to face, laughing, and sharing stories with family
609. encouraging compliments
610. touring my sister-in-law's new business
611. a dog who travels well
612. fond memories to cherish of time well spent
...and so it continues...