August 15, 2011

Blessings of Travel and Time with Family


Opportunities come and go in life. 
Choices are made, and plans devised. 
And, sometimes these choices and plans lead a life
down a different path far from a childhood home. 


So it is with us.  For the first few years of our marriage, we lived in New England, closer to my husband's family.  Then, ten years ago, with a great job opportunity for the Drummer, we moved further south about 8 hours away.  Our home is now closer to my family, but further from his.

 
Living far from family can be hard, but we cherish the times we are able to spend with them
and look forward to our visits.  This month we spent a week in New Hampshire,
and were greatly blessed!
~ Dorie

...continuing my gratitude listing...

596.  opportunity to travel and visit family who live further away

597.  family who welcome us with open arms and open homes

598.  safety in travel

599.  lessons along the road

600.  a day and a night of time for just the Drummer and I

601.  13 grace filled years of love

602.  a trip to the zoo

603.  a day at the beach

604.  courage to swim in waters at a temperature of 65 degrees (we live further south where the Atlantic is a bit warmer this time of year)

605.  jumping waves with my children

606.  soft sand between toes

607.  pools for the children to swim and play in on sunny days

608.  talking face to face, laughing, and sharing stories with family

609.  encouraging compliments

610.  touring my sister-in-law's new business

611.  a dog who travels well

612.  fond memories to cherish of time well spent

...and so it continues...

5 comments:

  1. I loved those pictures! It makes me want to take a trip to the ocean and enjoy a leisurely walk barefoot along the sand.

    I think you are one brave lady to swim in 65 degree water, burr! I couldn't do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from "A Holy Experience". We too live far away from both families so I could relate to your gratitude of open arms. Tuck those memories close to your heart - I always do! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful photos - I would not have thought to photograph feet!! I'm going to try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Ann's blog. My husband and I also had to make the choice about whose family to live near since our families are on opposite parts of the country. Glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps this is this where I should come clean and admit that the reason for the feet photographs was that I was sitting in a beach chair and too lazy to get up to get a better angle, but my daughter's feet were right there at my eye level?! However, I really liked how the photos turned out. Thanks for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...