Though I'm not sure of the exact start for the "dog days of summer,"
(when the dog star graces our skies and the long days are very hot)
but it sure feels like it lately. We've had multiple heat waves so far,
and are at the beginning of another.
While away from home on vacation last week,
we were blessed with most days in the 80's
and nights in the 50's.
Since our return from the cooler mountain air,
the hot weather has kept us inside in the cool air
or beside the swimming pool,
both of which top this week's gratitude listing!
...continuing my gratitude listing...
576. refresing air conditioned house and dips in the pool
577. a fun week at camp for our two oldest
578. funds to send them to camp, provided in a surprising way that only the Lord could
579. spending individual time with our two youngest children
580. children squeezed close to Daddy, watching Wind in the Willows
581. washer machine spinning clean camp laundry one week and then vacation laundry the next
582. a week spent away at a Bible retreat
583. time spent together as a family
584. time spent with friends, learning more about each other and strengthening bonds of friendship
585. children's perspectives
586. discussions of decisions and consequences with our oldest children
587. relaxed atmosphere of retreat center
588. cool nights (in the 50's!)
589. amazing speakers
590. learning more about church history and grace
591. laundry from vacation is done
592. opportunity to substitute teach Sunday school for 3 and 4 year olds this month with my husband
593. a week long VBS about to start
594. Moe asleep at my feet (he was boarded while we were on vacation)
595. letter from my oldest daughter sent while she was at camp (first week in July), arriving after we returned from vacation (second week), but the written message was timeless and beautiful
...and so it continues...