It was hot. Sweltering, steamy hot.
The shade helped,
and the breeze a precious gift.
Day and time picked out weeks ago,
and rescheduling, though an option, wasn't considered.
The children were anxious to picnic and hike together.
Walking sunny fields, occasionally resting in maple tree shade,
we made our way to their favorite spot,
a wooded hill, littered with boulders,
and ending with a pond.
They climbed, shuffled, skimmed over and under rocks,
examined critters, leaves, and moss,
and laughed while exploring.
Though the heat was oppressive,
the time spent with friends and the adventure of the day
was a blessing!
521. meeting friends at a park for lunch and a hike
522. laughter and enjoyment of exploring and examining creation
523. cool water, quenched thirsts
524. air conditioned cars
525. lovely iris flowers from a friend
526. a break in the heat
527. fun times at the annual year end co-op picnic
528. year end paper work and meetings drawing to a close
529. afternoon shopping trip, just my oldest daughter and I
530. bicycling at a park with my three oldest children
...and so it continues...