Apparently, our front porch is not the only place
the birds are building nests in our yard this spring.
Over the past week or two, we have found three more bird nests in our backyard.
Two were made by robins and one by a pair of cardinals.
I was unable to photograph the cardinal nest due to its location in the holly bush,
but I did get a few photographs of the robins on their nests.
We are enjoying this chance to watch these birds care for their eggs,
and look forward to the baby birds hatching.
...continuing my gratitude listing...
474. birds building nests in our backyard
475. watching birds care for their eggs
476. observing God's creation
477. pleasant standardized testing experience for the three older children
478. picking out flowers and library books with my youngest son
479. hearing the children sing in the spring choir concert last week
480. getting used and even new books at great prices at an annual used book sale
481. planting annuals amongst the perennial flower beds
482. my favorite perennials (in our yard) in bloom
483. deep cleaning a room
484. fresh linens on beds
485. spending an afternoon with my mom
486. steaks made on the grill by my husband
487. hearing The Mom Song sung by Go Fish, and the children's choir performing to the music on Mother's Day. It is a delightful song, and if you have never heard it before, it is worth the three minutes.
488. a Sunday afternoon walk to a light house with my family
489. the beautiful water view from the cliff the light house sits on
490. strangers clapping for our children being so brave to climb the winding stairs and ship ladder to the top of the light house
...and so it continues...