December 30, 2011

Anticipations, Hopes, and Dreams

Each year dawns with new hopes and dreams.  Sometimes, it is a theme, a word, a phrase, or a dream that captivates me for the upcoming year.

The current year began with a desire to know the Lord better, to remember His mercies and faithfulness each and everyday. 

As we embark on the beginning of yet another new year, I am filled with the sense of another anticipation.  My hope is that the Lord will use me this year to do more good, to bless more people, to grow into the role/person He created me to fill/be.  With this comes the chance for me to be more open and obedient to His calling and direction. 


This desire and the words of Galatians 6:9, captivate me at the beginning of a new year.
~ Dorie

May you have a blessed new year!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this verse! Yes -perfect for a new beginning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what one word would you have for that, Dorie? I too am praying for God to give me a single word to focus on. It is pretty powerful and yet not overwhelming as making lists and goals. Didn't come up with that word yet. I'm peeking at other peoples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful verse, one of my favorites. One I meditate on often throughout my day! Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely!! :)

    happpy new year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...