January 15, 2011

Party Preparations

The invitations have been sent,
but the planning and preparations continue.




“I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”  -Jesus    John 10:10b (NASB)

It will be a celebration of life.

“And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight; I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’
“But the father said to his slaves, ‘Quickly bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet; and bring the fattened calf, kill it, and let us eat and celebrate;
for this son of mine was dead and has come to life again; he was lost and has been found.’
And they began to celebrate.”   Luke 15:21-24 (NASB)





We continue to craft the decorations and compile a menu for our celebration of life,
her life that began a decade ago.

Preparations for the big event take time to complete.

“In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.  If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that were I am, there you may be also.” -Jesus    John 14:3-4 (NASB)






The party will be in another week,
but we look forward to that day with great anticipation.


For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which above every name, so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.  Philippians 2:9-11 (NASB)





To be united with family and loved ones in a common purpose, it will be a time to celebrate!

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.  And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming done out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.  And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”    Revelation 21:1-4 (NASB)

3 comments:

  1. beautiful decorations..and great verses.. Hope the celebration is fun and joy filled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorie,

    I like your mitten birthday decorations. They are quite lovely.

    At any rate, I think I get what you are trying to say here - the "real party" we should be preparing for is the one where Jesus returns to take us to heaven to be with Him. But in order to be ready, many preperations must me made.

    Good comparisons!

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful post! So glad I stopped in today. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...