December 19, 2010

Reading Straight Through

It began on a whim, or so I thought.

God had a plan and a purpose.
He always does.


I knew that,
and 75 days later,
I know it even better.

I had read a few blog post testimonies,
read about the Bible in 90 Days program,
and was inspired to start.


On October 5, 2010,
I began at the beginning.
The real beginning...
Genesis 1:1 states
"In the beginning...."


For the next 75 days,
I read,
and read,
and read.

I read when I felt like it, and when I didn't feel like it.
I read when I had time, and when I felt like I didn't have time.

I took my Bible everywhere
EVERYWHERE.

I read during pockets of time I didn't know I had.


There were moments of waiting, so I read.

There were moments of time I previously wasted, and instead I read.

I won't lie.  It wasn't easy.

BUT

It was worth it.
I learned
a lot.

I gained a better understanding
of the Bible,
of God's love for all people,
of God's interactions with man,
of God's timing,
and
of God's sovereignty.


Every time I opened my Bible and read, I was blessed.

The morning of the day I finished,
on December 19, 2010,
I signed up to do it

ALL
 OVER
  AGAIN.


This time, not 'on my own,' but with my family and my local church family.

The elders have been planning a year long reading for 2011 using the "Walk Thru the Bible" Ministry's
"Daily Walk" devotional. We, as a local body of Christ, will be reading
together through the Bible in the year 2011.

The pace will be slower, and I will be joining my husband, my children, and my church family.

I can't wait!


If you desire to read straight through the Bible in any amount of time...

I urge you not to delay.

However, you choose to read and whatever pace you choose to read,
just read.






You will be blessed
EACH and EVERY TIME you read.

3 comments:

  1. YEA! What a blessing to say you have done it...and looking forward to doing it all over again must be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I'm so glad that you were able to finish and feel refreshed and renewed! And, how wonderful that you are able to study God's book again with your husband and friends. What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you are going to really like the Daily Walk. Many of the notes in my Bible are from that devotional. It goes beautifully with the read thru!

    Blessings and looking forward to starting afresh too!
    Amy @ Missional Mama

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...