May 9, 2012

Trusting Him


Sometimes, when I see a bird my thoughts turn to these passages from Matthew.
"...do not be worried about your life,..."

"...Look at the birds of the air,
that they do not sow,
nor reap nor gather into barns,
and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not worth much more than they?"

"And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?"
~ Jesus
excerpts from Matthew 6:25-27


But more often than these verses, I think of what Jesus said
to a scribe's declaration to follow Jesus wherever He goes.  
Jesus told the scribe,
"The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests,
but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head."
Matthew 8:19-20

Which leads me to consider the entire passage pointing to
the cost of following Jesus in Matthew 8:18-27 and  Luke 9:57-62.

Then, I come to the very thing it costs me:
TRUST
in His ways,
in His timing,
in Him.

~  Dorie

1 comment:

  1. "I come to the very thing it costs me:
    TRUST in His ways,in His timing,in Him."

    I never thought of it that way. I guess it does cost us to trust his ways because what we want is often 'our way'. So, we choose to let go of self. We choose to rest, knowing his love for us. Knowing he can take care of it. Knowing his plan is best and that being directly in his will--and content there is not constraining or constricting, but freeing. Truth is, I had it backwards. My way is constricting. It leaves Him out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...