October 14, 2013

Sorry, but It's True



I hate to cook.
and bake.

There I said it.

It's true.

I may be blessed with a mother who can bake better than Martha Stewart and a mother-in-law who can cook better than Julia Child, but I don't love baking or cooking. {I almost wrote either, and decided someone might get confused and think I meant the people I named not the activity. Best to head off any confusion when possible.}

I know cooking and baking are a necessary part of life, but I don't really like either.

What's a hates-to-cook-and-bake momma to do?

Well, to be certain, I don't fake a love of baking and cooking. That being said, I don't grumpily move around the kitchen and complain as I make dinner either.

Neither would be appropriate.

What do I do?
I learn about good food choices.
I collect easy to make, but good to eat recipes.
I make meal plans.
I go food shopping.

In the end, I do what needs to be done, and I, hopefully, choose to do it pleasantly, not over the top or with drudgery. {Although there have been some less than ideal moments which I have complained, ahem.}

~ Dorie

P.S. One of those easy to make, but good to eat recipes is Annette's Chewy Granola Bars. This is one of those simple to follow and easy to adapt recipes which I rely on regularly. The ones pictured above are based off her recipe. I substituted 1 cup leftover cereal of the O variety instead of the rice kind. Also, I had no chocolate chips so I used a broken up chocolate bar.











Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...