September 23, 2012

When A New Season Arrives

 
And, so it begins...
 
another autumn
 
with bountiful blessings to be harvested.
 
 
Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work.
Do you not say, 'There are yet four months, and then comes the harvest'?
Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look on the fields, that they are white for harvest.
Already he who reaps is receiving wages and is gathering fruit for life eternal;
so that he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together.  John 4:34-36
 
 
I just love that passage from John when the Woman from Samaria encounters Jesus by the well. 
Today, as I ponder these words, I welcome the new season with joy and gratitude,
knowing these days of ours are all in His hands.
~ Dorie
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh and the joy when we realize that fact...I love where He leads and relish in the gifts that He provides when I just rest in His hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I think one of the things I love about this season is the reflection & gratitude that come with it. If only we all could remember to do it more often.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...