May 23, 2012

On Sleepless Nights

The first night, she awoke once.
I tucked her back in bed, and all was well.

The second night, she knocked on my door three times.
Each time, I comforted her, and she went back to sleep.


Last night, she was awake at least five times.
I tucked her securely in her sheets,
turned on a night light,
set the fan higher,
cracked open her door,
assured her all was well.
and prayed for rest.

She never sleeps well when the Drummer is away for work.
Though I know she loves us both,
his presence gives her a feeling of safety,
and home is just not home without Daddy.
~ Dorie


"In peace I will both lie down and sleep,
For You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety."
Psalm 4:8



3 comments:

  1. There is just something about having Daddy home that creates a sense of security - I pray that she feels secure in his love all the days of her childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I'm glad that you were able to comfort her and that she could fall back to sleep. Praying for safety for your husband while he is away.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...