Many years ago, my husband's cousin made chocolate peanut butter fudge for a family get together. It was scrumptious. Knowing that it can be hard to make fudge that tastes good, I hesitantly asked her for the recipe. She laughed my fears away when she told me this recipe was for the microwave. She shared the recipe with me, and ever since my children and I have been making it for holidays, family gatherings, thank you gifts, and more. Last week, our science co-op had an evening of presentations. A dessert fellowship followed. Not having much time to make a dessert, I decided to whip up a batch of this fudge the night before.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
1. Foil inside and over edges of a 8x8x2 pan tightly. Set aside
2. In large microwavable bowl mix:
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter (I melt it first)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp. salt
3. Microwave uncovered at 70% power (1000 watt microwave) for 1 minute. Remove. Stir.
4. Microwave uncovered at 70% power (1000 watt microwave) for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove. Stir.
5. Microwave uncovered at 70% power (1000 watt microwave) for 1 1/2 minutes, or until bubbling. Remove. Total cooking time is 4 minutes. Bowl will be hot, handle with care.
6. Quickly add and stir until melted and blended:
1 pkg (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
7. Spoon into pan. Use back of the spoon to press into an even layer.
8. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
To make the two layered fudge featured in the photographs...
1. Follow recipe, but substitute peanut butter chips for the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Spoon into a 9x13x2 pan. Allow to cool in refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Follow the above recipe to make the top layer. Spoon chocolate layer onto the peanut butter layer.
3. Allow fudge to cool completely in the refrigerator over night.
4. Cut into pieces the next day.
*Original source of this recipe is unknown to me. If you happen to recognize it, then please let me know. I'd sure like to give credit to them, and say "Thank you" as we enjoy this fudge tremendously.