October 28, 2010

A Rainbow Colored Birthday Garland

In preparation for an upcoming rainbow themed birthday party, I have been busy creating decorations, planning menus, and devising games.  The first item to check off my quickly growing list is the birthday garland.  Last night, I spent the evening making this one.





 A picture showing a large portion of the garland...



------------------------------------------
This is a super easy project to complete.

The supplies...



paper (I used glittered card stock for that extra shine)
ribbons
white paper
fishing line
glue



To make...


Using a pattern, I cut the glittered card stock into pocket shapes
and a white rectangle with a scalloped the bottom edge.



Then, I fastened the white rectangle to the top of the colored card stock with glue.
Using letter stickers, I spelled out the birthday message.



Next, I punched two holes at the top of each letter
and threaded a matching ribbon through each card and tied a bow.


After I put the cards in order, I threaded the fishing line through them to hang the garland.












6 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love banners! I have been thinking of a way to make a celebration banner that I could use for more than one occasion...LOVE THIS IDEA!!! CUTECUTE!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever and beautiful! I'm sure it will be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want to toss my $1 store banner I got for my youngest's party this weekend. Very colorful and creative project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! The ribbons add an extra special touch and I LOVE the font you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. I've always thought about having a rainbow themed party - would love to see more of what you do for this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...