This past Friday, for an evening poolside picnic, I made Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad. It was quite simple, and since my family enjoyed it, I thought I'd share my newest culinary attempt with you. As this is something I threw together, you may need to tweek the recipe for your own personal tastes.
Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
2 - chicken breasts
1/2 cup - dried cranberries
1/4 to 1/2 cup - mayonnaise
1/4 cup - chopped pecans (small pieces)
1 tsp. - dried dill weed seasoning
salt and pepper (if desired)
1. Place dried cranberries in warm water to soften.
2. Boil chicken until cooked thoroughly.
3. Chop chicken and place in mixing bowl.
4. Drain cranberries.
5. Add cranberries, pecans, and dill to chicken, and mix well.
6. Add 1/4 cup mayonnaise, and stir.
7. If the chicken salad is too dry, then add more mayonnaise one spoonful at a time (mixing well after each spoonful)
8. Season with salt and pepper, if desired
9. Refrigerate until serving
sandwich style using a thin bagel or wrap -
possible toppings include mixed greens, lettuce, grated cheese
on a bed of mixed greens