October 18, 2013

An Evening Alone

My Drummer Husband took all our children camping one evening, leaving me {for the very first time, ever!} alone in a house with only the dog for company.

I've never been alone for an entire night. Not even during the college years - thanks to a multitude of roommates. Since the Drummer and I married right after we completed college, and were blessed with children pretty early on in our marriage...there has never been one night I haven't had another human being in the same apartment or house with me for an entire night.

So how did I spend the evening of my first night alone, ever?




First by having dinner with some friends, then home to bake some banana bread, and repurpose a few old jeans and shirts. More on the sewing project later.
~ Dorie





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...