8 Ways to a Better Morning
1. Get enough sleep for you. Personally, I happen to be an 8 hour a night kind of girl. I know others who can go with less, and sometimes I do as well, but my mornings go better I have had my ideal amount of nightly rest.
2. Find the best time to wake up for you. Perhaps you like to be up before the children, when the house is quiet. Or, maybe you prefer to rise after the sunrise, when the sunlight streams bright through the windows. For me, if I don't get up before the children, it throws a kink in my morning routine.
3. Fashion a routine that works for you. Personally, I need a shower or face washing to feel awake. A roommate in college preferred to brush her teeth. Some energetic souls like a good work out first thing in the morning.
5. Do not try to do it all first thing in the morning. Hitting the ground with your feet running is not conducive to a better morning for most people. Along with this, some preparation the night before is beneficial.
6. Trust the Lord. Begin the day with hope and a sense of expectancy, knowing the Lord will provide, rather than worry and fear.
7. Laugh when things go wrong, because surely, some mornings, they will.
8. Be flexible. Not all items will get crossed off your to-do list every morning. From time to time, there will be calamities, catastrophes, and disasters. On the other hand, opportunities and blessings may occur just as unexpectedly. Take both in stride, knowing that whatever happens, it is the Lord's will for you on this day.