February 1, 2012

Speaking and Seeking Glory...for Who?


While I was studying, I was searching for a particular verse, but this is the one that caught my attention...

"He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory;
but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him,
He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him."
~ Jesus  {John 7:18}



Reading these words of Jesus, I could only ask for all the areas of my life:
Who am I speaking for, myself or the Lord?
And, who am I seeking glory for, myself or the Lord?

Pondering this today,
~ Dorie


Linked to Word-Filled Wednesday at Internet Cafe Devotions

8 comments:

  1. Oh - wonderful verse and something that I need to ponder and pray about as well. Thanks Dorie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought pondering post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!
    When I started my blog I said - Your will not mine, Lord.
    I need to remind myself of it continually!
    Blessings,
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Felecia, that is an excellent approach to blogging and life in general "Your will not mine, Lord." I, too, need to remember it moment by moment.

      Delete
  4. Great questions -- so much to think about and ponder... Have a beautiful day :)


    http://theemptynestexpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great questions...I need to think on this. I would like to think that I always speak to bring Him glory. But, I have to acknowledge that is not always true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Alida, I'd like to think it true of myself all the time as well. Sadly, I know better. I am so thankful for His grace and mercy each and every time I put myself and my selfish ways first.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...