November 10, 2011

The Wounded and the Wounder

She shares her heart, but her words are cutting.

I stand watching the wounder and the wounded, knowing how they each feel. 
Haven't we each been in their places before?



Filled with passion and conviction, wanting to share what God has been working in my heart and life, not realizing I was pushing and cutting, not encouraging.  I thought His words for me, to mold me and change me, needed to be for everyone.  It wasn't so. 

As it is, there are many parts, yet one body.  I Corinthians 12:20

While we are all called to be part of the body, we are not all called to be the same part.  A foot operates differently with different skills and different tasks than a hand, but they are both part of the same body.  While some things are good for the entire body, some are specifically good for the hand and not as good for the foot.  A boot covers and protects a foot in cold weather and keeps the foot warm.  It is ideal.  However, I would not put a shoe on my hand.  In the same manner, I should not place my own personal convictions on another.


Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.  Ephesians 4:15-16

It's a fine line to walk - encouraging another, sharing with another, loving another.
~ Dorie

1 comment:

  1. So true. I often think that I have wonderful words of wisdom to share....and then discover that I really don't - sometimes I just need to listen and pray.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...