So much so that often I don't put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard when I count.
Instead, I hang up wash, and I count.
I make dinner, and I count.
At this point, I've probably reached one thousand three times over,
but the number isn't really the point.
Giving thanks to all that He has given,and knowing that all things come from His hand
is the point.
For all of these items that I record here, and for all that I do not
...I give thanks.
...continuing my gratitude listing...
778. youngest's short pants hanging beside our oldest long pants on the laundry line
779. a pair of jeans given to our daughter from a friend
780. a dead leaf, crinkled, lying on the ground - a sign of death and the upcoming winter weather, but knowing that it necessary for spring to come
781. reading the book of John as we journey through the Bible this calendar year
782. our youngest, not feeling so well, lying on the sofa wrapped like a taco in a blanket (by his request)
783. grocery shopping with my daughters and their help
784. crossing things off the 'to do' list
785. hot apple crisp
786. snow flakes mixing with the falling rain
787. stormy weather that makes you want to stay inside
788. quiet time in afternoons
789. taking more nature walks with the children
790. seeing my family smile in joy
...and so it continues...