"Mom, is my voice different?" he asks from the back seat.
"Yeah, it's changing. Do you not hear the difference?" I glance up in my rear view mirror trying to catch his facial expression.
"No. A girl in my Sunday school class told me my voice is changing."
It had been so evident to us and obviously now others. His voice was deepening, cracking, changing.
The signs of a new parenting season are appearing; just as a new season creeps into the world around us. The days shorten, leaves slowly change color, and the air turns crisp. Each is an indicator of the autumn abundance to come.
...continuing my gratitude listing...
727. our oldest son's voice deepening, indicating the changing of seasons in life
728. gradual ease into adolescence for him (and us!)
729. honking geese flying overhead migrating to warmer areas for the winter
728. setting sun glistening on geese feathered wings
729. V formation of flock's flight
730. golden sunshine on changing leaves
731. not quite frozen water, crisp air, but not quite cold
732. dinner at the park with my family
733. playing on the play ground equipment - tire swings and slides
734. children tossing the football with my husband
735. shutters freshly painted
736. dog darting through the house
737. laughter in the early morning hours
738. pumpkin spiced coffee
739. another go of apple bread, this time made with the help of my oldest daughter
740. completing a promised dinosaur craft with my youngest
741. youngest's excitement completing the project, and his finished product
742. breakfast made by my husband and children
743. a late start to Saturday morning activities due to a later game time
744. finally getting fall decorations out and about the house
745. sharing some of my favorite childhood books and stories with my children
746. oldest daughter's budding writing skills as she writes a chapter book of her own
747. oldest son mowing entire lawn
748. smell of freshly mowed grass
749. dog rolling in the grass
750. setting the hammock outside again since the rains have stopped for now
751. spending time relaxing in the fresh autumn air
752. going through the boys clothing and finding they only need a few items for cooler weather
753. spending part of an afternoon in one store and getting all the children's cooler weather clothes shopping finished
754. good friends for our children
755. extended family attending the boys games, cheering for them
...and so it continues...