September 23, 2011

A View from the Edge - Part II

Thinking about my flower show experience, I realize I often feel this same way about many facets of life.  The immensity of different experiences can overwhelm me.  For instance, I tend to become a bit shy and socially awkward when there is a large group of people.  

At times, I feel the same way about the internet and social media.   The immensity of it can easily overwhelm.  The number of personal blogs and existing social accounts is phenomenal.  One could easily get lost in the sea of sites.  I find myself on the edge, just like at the flower show, unable to take it all in.  Which means, I miss some really great things.


However, I am quite content to visit those nearby or within communal ties.  It is a blessing to gaze at the beauty of these thoughts and hearts.  Might I take the opportunity to thank you for spending time reading my words and visiting this site?  Thank you.  Your visits, emails, and comments are a blessing to me. 

~ Dorie

4 comments:

  1. Dorie - I am so glad that I stumbled onto your site all those months ago!! you have blessed me with your words, your imagery, and your photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorie,
    I understand....sometimes you just have to step away. It can be so overwhelming. And, I too, don't like large crowds of people. Of course, I'd quickly describe myself as more of an introvert. Glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, you are so kind! However, I feel like I need to clear something up, I'm not taking a break or anything. I still plan on blogging regularly, I just was pondering how immense it is, and how it sometimes this internet seems like a whirlwind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read parts I and II of this post, and let me just say that I relate very well to your words. I too get overwhelmed with too many crowds of people and too much stimuli from various sources. So when that happens, I have to retreat into some quiet places to readjust my thoughts.

    Also, thank you for reading my blog and commenting there when you can. I have always enjoyed your blog. I am glad I found you a year ago. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...