Time trudges onward and children grow. No longer little ones, they join us on our New Year's Eve night. Ringing in the new year with a few older children alongside us offers new opportunities for new traditions and fun celebrations.
We change, adapt, and embrace, but we miss our time alone. Just us. And we don't want to give up on our night. So we celebrate on New Year's Eve's Eve.
Just us. A candle light dinner and time together.
But, we embrace the whimsy and fun. Glad for the year's end and looking forward to the one just beginning.
~ our table centerpiece ~
...continuing my gratitude listing...
859. new and older holiday traditions
860. flexibility in holiday traditions
861. time alone with my husband
862. children excited to stay up later and a fun family evening
863. looking forward to a year of goodness
864. beginning 2012 with worship
865. a New Year's Day hike
...and so it continues...