April 9, 2011

Remaining Silent ~ Praying a Proverb

When words are many, sin is not absent,
but he who holds his tongue is wise.
Proverbs 10:19

...wise or foolish...


A prudent man keeps his knowledge to himself,
but the heart of fools blurts out folly.
Proverbs 12:23



...blurts out or keeps silent...


Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
Proverbs 17:28



O Lord,
Your word tells me that silence is valuable in more ways than one.
Even though words can encourage, so many times,
they are used to tear down and disgrace another.
Pondering these truths, Lord, I must confess that
sometimes I speak words carelessly, without thought or
consideration of the ramifications for myself or another. 
For those times when I have spoken instead of remaining silent,
please forgive me.  And, please Lord, help me to be truely wise,
knowing when to speak and when to remain silent.
Amen


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...