February 19, 2011

The Purpose - Praying a Proverb

"The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel:
To know wisdom and instruction,
To discern the sayings of understanding,
To receive instruction in wise behavior,
Righteousness, justice and equity;
To give prudence to the naive,
To the youth knowledge and discretion,
A wise man will hear and increase in learning,
And a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel,
To understand a proverb and a figure,
The words of the wise and their riddles.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge;
Fools despise wisdom and instruction."
Proverbs 1:1-7 NASB

Thus begins the book of Proverbs, and rightfully where my series of prayers should have begun.  However, I initially started this series without any logical progression, schedule, or itinerary.  I simply wanted to read God's word, pray, reflect, and apply His word to my life.  

The Praying Through Proverbs series of posts will include a proverb or two, read, written, reflected upon, and prayed over.  Eventually, I will create and publish a page with a logical order to the prayers based on the sequential order of verses rather than my skipping journey through Proverbs. 

It is a simple practice to read and pray over the Word of God, and yet, so powerful in transforming my thoughts, heart, and life.  Although I am a bit shy about this series, I know I am to share it with others.  If any of what I write in this series is helpful or encouraging to you, then to God be the glory.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this piece of scripture and your take on it.

    Feel free to check out my blog anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 23, 2011

    What a great idea! I might have to try this too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...