February 9, 2011

A Mid-day Moment of Quiet


The door creaks
opening to cool air
blasting my face.
Melting snow crunches under foot.
Water gurgles flowing down the spout.
A bird chirps high in the tree top.
Signs of spring?


I stand still.
The morning rush ebbs away.
I roll my shoulders easing away the anxiety,
hurry, urgency, and dashing from place to place.
All there is is this moment.
My thoughts still.
I breathe the cool air.
A moment of quiet.
Thank you, Lord.



Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!
Psalm 46:10  ESV



A smile forms.
I feel His peace of that moment.
A precious gift.
My heart is at rest.


Far in the distance, a siren rings.
Fire trucks honk and careen down the not so far off high way.
Quietness breaks, cut off.
The moment evaporates, an instant gone.
I sigh,
and return to the warmth,
but the peace remains.
His peace is with me,
inside me.

Thank you, Lord,
I need your peace each and every day.


"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7  NASB


-----------------
This post has been shared for Word Filled Wednesday at Internet Cafe Devotions.

9 comments:

  1. I've always liked Psalm 46 - it is hard to be still, but so worth it when we are able to feel God! Happy morning to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post, beautiful pictures, and perfect Scriptures to share today. I needed the "peaceful" reminder to be still and know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely images to match two of my most favorite verses.
    Be still......and KNOW
    How blest we are...that He is God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a lovely verse. very comforting that God tells us to be still. it means that He is in charge and He knows what He is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing what we hear when we quiet ourselves to "be still..." Love this! What serenity in the snow...

    peace,
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful. I love those few quite moments in the morning before everything and everyone starts stirring. Great to know that although we leave that serene place, we don't have to the peace of God there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your posts always make me take a minute and center myself and think about what is important! Kerri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...